Description & download links
Download Backyard Chickens Book Package
Author: M. Anderson and Rashelle Johnson | Isbn: | File size: 2 Mb | Year: 2013 | Pages: 133 | Language: English | File format: EPUB, MOBI | Category: Animals
The Beginner's Guide to Raising and Caring for Backyard Chickens gives you the information you need to know to get started raising a flock of chickens your backyard.
The following topics are covered in this helpful book:
- Why you should be raising backyard chickens.
- The big differences between commercial eggs and the fresh eggs you get from backyard chickens.
- The handful of supplies you need to get started.
- Designing a coop.
- Feeding and watering your chickens. Includes tutorials on how to build an inexpensive waterer and feeder.
- The various types of bedding.
- The deep litter system of bedding.
- Free-range chickens.
- Breed selection for laying and meat birds.
- Feeding your chickens.
- What diatomaceous earth is and how it can benefit you.
- Predator control.
- Brooding chicks. How to hatch chicks and raise them to adulthood.
- Chicken laws and ordinances.