Description & download links
Download People & Products: Consumer Behavior & Product Design
Author: Allan J. Kimmel | Isbn: 978-1138812253 | File size: 1.9 MB | Year: 2015 | Pages: 320 | Language: English | File format: PDF | Category: Business
By examining the interface between consumer behavior and new product development, People and Products: Consumer Behavior and Product Design demonstrates the ways in which consumers contribute to product design, enhance product utility, and determine brand identity.
With increased connectedness and advances in technology, consumers and marketers are more closely connected than ever before. Yet consumer behavior texts often overlook the application of the subject to product design, testing, and success. This is the first book to explore this interface in detail, exploring such issues as:
- the attributes and qualities that consumers demand from products and services, and social and cultural forces to be aware of;
- design and form and how they facilitate product usage;
- technological developments and the ways they have changed how consumers interact with products;
- product disposal and sustainability;
- emerging and future trends in consumer behavior and product development and design.
This exciting volume is relevant to anyone interested in marketing, consumer behavior, product development, technology, engineering, design, and brand management.