Description & download links
Download Contemporary Literature: The Basics
Author: Suman Gupta | Isbn: 978-0415668705 | File size: 868.2 KB | Year: 2011 | Pages: 200 | Language: English | File format: PDF | Category: Languages
‘Contemporary Literature’ is among the most popular areas of literary study but it can be a difficult one to define. This book equips readers with the necessary tools to take an analytical and systematic approach to contemporary texts. The author provides answers to some of the critical questions in the field:
- What makes a literary text contemporary?
- Is it possible to have a canon of contemporary literature?
- How does a reader’s location affect their understanding?
- How do print, electronic, and audio-visual media impact upon contemporary literature?
- Which key concepts and themes are most prevalent?
Containing diverse illustrative examples and discussing the topics which define our current sense of the contemporary, this is an ideal starting point for anyone seeking to engage critically with contemporary literature.